Materials that can be reused while linking / reviewing / referencing Lokad. If you want an interview, you can contact us at email@example.com
Lokad develops Big Data apps for retail, Ecommerce and wholesale. We use cloud computing and statistics to optimize stocks, forecast demand, detect phantom inventory and out-of-shelf issues. Lokad is a software company based in Paris, France.
Founder short biography (Joannes Vermorel)
Passionate about cloud computing and statistical learning, Joannès Vermorel, alumni of the Ecole normale superieure of Paris
, started his career with two research internships in data mining, first at the Polytechnic University in Brooklyn, second in the AT&T Labs
in New Jersey. Back in France, he started a PhD in bioinformatics which was interrupted with the creation of Lokad in 2006. At the present time, Joannes Vermorel is leading the development of the Lokad technology as the majority shareholder. As an engineer of the Corps des Mines
(great technical corps of the French state), he also teaches a software engineering course at the Ecole normale supérieure of Paris. Joannes Vermorel was born in 1981 in France.
- November 28th, 2006:
lokad.com gets live.
- October 10th, 2007: Excel Sales Forecasting v1.0 is released.
- March 4th, 2008: Lokad is admitted at the startup incubator of Telecom ParisTech.
- April 11th, 2008: Lokad SAS gets registered as a company in Paris, France.
- May 12th, 2008: Safety Stock Calculator v1.0 is released.
- November 2008: Tags and Events are now part of the forecasting framework.
- November 30th, 2008: Lokad Forecasting Client SDK v1.0 for .NET released.
- January 20th, 2009: Lokad selected as Startup of the week by Microsoft. Lokad becomes the first French company to hit this position.
- June 10th, 2009: Lokad announces its migration toward Windows Azure.
- July 1st, 2009: Time at the start-up incubator is over, we are now located at 10 rue Philippe de Champaigne in Paris.
- November 17th, 2009: Lokad is invited by Microsoft to Los Angeles for the launch of Windows Azure at PDC'09.
- December 9th, 2009: Out of more than 25000 startups, Lokad gets selected among less than a dozen of other startups to be part of the first wave of BizSpark One startups.
- May 28th, 2010: Forecasting has just become much easier with the Salescast.
- June 23rd, 2010: Out of 3000 companies applying for the awards, Lokad is winning the Windows Azure Partner award for 2010.
- June 19th, 2011, Shelfcheck, on-shelf availability optimizer is announced in beta.
In the press
- Lokad s'appuie sur la puissance de Microsoft, By Pascal Boulard, 2010/05/17, Paris, France, La Tribune.
- L'informatique sur un petit nuage, By Stephano Lupueri, 2010/03/05, Paris, France, Enjeux Les Echos.
- Lokad makes statistical forecasting accessible to small, medium and large businesses to help them lower costs. By Alpa Agarwal, 2009/11/14, Southborough, MA, USA. NetworkWorld.
- Microsoft goes green. By Erick Haehnsen, 2009/10/08, Paris, France. Commerce International.
- Azure ou la véritable révolution de Microsoft. By Erick Haehnsen, 2009/09/14, Paris, France. La Tribune
Logos and banners
Logos can be freely inserted in your web pages as long as it is clear they belong to
(a web link toward Lokad being perfect).
Download in SVG