We are looking for our first product designer. You would be joining a fast-growing, profitable, bootstrapped software company based in Paris (no VC funding). Our goal is promote superior forms of supply chain.
Lokad is a company created in 2008 and specialized in supply chain optimization. We help companies from different sectors (aeronautics, fashion, automotive, e-commerce…) to forecast and make decisions regarding their inventories. The majority of our clients are based outside of France, mainly in North America and Europe. Our team of about 50 people is entirely based in Paris, but composed of international profiles, mostly engineers. Lokad is growing rapidly and is always looking for people who can grow with the company.
As a product designer, your mission is to make the Lokad platform - a SaaS solution that combines Big Data, Machine Learning and Mathematical Optimization - both more visually attractive and more usable. If you succeed, we expect you to lead the emerging product design practice at Lokad.
- Deeply understand customer use cases and issues.
- Understand the vision and the product roadmap.
- Align the user experience of our apps.
- Contribute to the product roadmap.
- Provide UX recommendations.
- Create mockups and prototypes.
- Monitor the implementation of your solution by the technical teams.
- Design user journeys on desktop.
- Conduct user tests.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Issue macro and micro UX recommendations and define user paths considering the end-to-end user experience.
- Design and produce mockups/prototypes based on our design system to facilitate the evaluation of proposed solutions.
- Work closely with other team members to enrich your proposals.
- Follow your projects after their implementation to ensure continuous improvement.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Advocate for users.
- Participate in functional and technical specifications.
- You have more than 5 years of experience as a Product Designer for a SaaS solution provider.
- You have an up-to-date portfolio to share with us.
- You are completely comfortable with Figma.
- You are up-to-date with current trends and have a keen eye for detail, typographic knowledge, principles of layout, etc.
- UX Writing and microcopy are important to you because an interface also involves wording (in English).
- Autonomous and organized, you know how to manage projects and can keep up the pace by focusing on what adds value.
Speaking and writing French is not a requirement.
The position is a permanent contract (CDI) based at our headquarters. Our offices are located in the center of Paris (just across from the Chevaleret subway station, at 83-85 boulevard Vincent Auriol).